This programme is designed to raise the aspirations and achievements of young women in secondary schools.
The Young Women’s Movement is taking YGirls to 15 schools across Glasgow in 2017. YGirls was developed in response to our Status of Young Women in Scotland (2015) report, which
suggested that girls and young women benefit from the nurturing and support of the World YWCA Safe Spaces model of empowering leadership.
The aim of YGirls is:
- To provide safe and empowering spaces for young women
- To build confidence, self-esteem and raise aspirations
- To challenge inequalities
The programme includes the following key themes:
- Exploring gender
- Bullying and digital media safety
- Body image and self-esteem
- Leader in your own life
- Inspire Me
Join Our Movement
Joining The Young Women's Movement is FREE and open to all self-identifying women. No age limits apply.