Gen Up is designed to encourage young women of school leaving age to think about STEM as a potential career choice. It is a hands on experience that helps young women to have a better understanding of what STEM careers entail and to make reflective, reasoned decisions about their future career choices.
The aim of Gen Up is:
- To provide inquiry led workshops that ask critical questions about experiences, career
opportunities and choices
- The development of self-esteem, confidence and self-advocacy skills
- To provide an opportunity to hear from women in STEM and engage in speed mentoring
- To provide hands-on activities bringing together students, educators and industry
The programme includes the following key themes:
- Introduction to STEM and Modern Apprenticeships
- Building self esteem
- Exploring gender
- Role Models and Action Planning
Gen Up can help schools to achieve gender targets for female students studying STEM subjects and choosing STEM courses and apprenticeships post-secondary education.
Join Our Movement
Joining The Young Women's Movement is FREE and open to all self-identifying women. No age limits apply.