#Moretaeme Instagram CampaignWritten by The Young Women's Movement
Informed by our Status of Young Women in Scotland (SYWS) report, the #moretaeme campaign focuses on what we embody – our stories, memories and experiences as young women. Using bodies (physical and mind) as a starting point, we are encouraging young women to share something about themselves that highlights one part of who they are as a person and that there is more to them than that one element; there’s more to them than meets the eye. We’d like each post to be positive – for young women to celebrate the different wonderful elements that add up to form their whole person.
Launching on 7 September, the purpose of this campaign is to provide us with accessible, honest, shareable content directly from young women.
- Mental health
- Sex and relationships
- Identity and stereotypes
- Gender-based violence
- Religion and beliefs
- Physical health
- To celebrate who we are and the things that make us individuals
- To challenge stereotypes and defaults
- To share an experience, story, memory or conversation that is often hidden – share your own reality
- To raise awareness of identity, bodies, and beliefs.
How to get involved
- 1. Take a picture of something that you recognise and want to share about yourself
- 2. Instagram that picture with the story behind it, using #moretaeme
- 3. Tag @youngwomenscot
- 4. BOOM
We’re looking forward to sharing your stories!